I feel like it’s been a minute since I posted a Paleo baking good and what better way to come back than with my “Double Chocolate Banana Muffins”. Few ingredients and no mixer required, my favorite way to bake. These muffins are rich, moist and so delicious. The whole batch was gone in two days! My kids loved it as an after school snack and they even asked me to put some in their lunch boxes. They don’t even know they are eating a decadent muffin that has no refined sugar, gluten or dairy in it and I am enjoying every minute of it.
What you need to make Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
What you need to know about this recipe
Since you are mixing everything by hand you need to make sure you whisk the wet ingredients until smooth and the dry ingredients until all the crumbs from the cocoa powder are gone and you are left with a fine “flour’ mix. By doing this you won’t over mix the batter when you add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. This is going to help you to get perfectly smooth and fluffy muffins.
Other recipes you might like
Mexican Chocolate Banana Muffins/ Paleo – Marisol Cooks
Paleo Banana Muffin Tops – Marisol Cooks
Chocolate Banana Bread/Paleo – Marisol Cooks
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread/Paleo – Marisol Cooks
Gingerbread Paleo cookies – Marisol Cooks
Banana nut paleo pancakes – Marisol Cooks
Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes (Gluten-Free) – Marisol CooksRecipe not found
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins/Paleo
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the egg, tahini paste, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bow, add the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Whisk until all the crumbs are gone.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fill up each muffin tin with the batter, about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.