It’s been a crazy couple of weeks around here. Right after we came back from our Thanksgiving trip we started painting the inside of our house, there is furniture everywhere, everything is out of place and there’s so much dust! and that triggered my allergies big time so, on top of that, I’m sneezing every five seconds. Anyway, this or that kept me from cooking and blogging, but finally, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Right now I’m sitting at my computer with a big cup of coffee pretending I don’t care about my coffee table
Two days ago, before all this madness started I whipped up a batch of banana nut pancakes for breakfast, I enjoyed every bite of it. I don’t eat a lot of pancakes, I’d rather eat eggs or a green smoothie for breakfast, all the sugar and flour early in the morning don’t make me feel good. Well, there’s those pancakes and this pancakes, this I can eat without feeling bad, all wholesome ingredients here. They are so easy to make and are very delicious. This is my recipe, and I want to share it with you. This is how I make my Banana Nut Paleo pancakes.
Banana Nut Paleo Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Heat your skillet or pan on medium heat. Smash the banana and add the egg, whisk until combined.
- In a bowl, add the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and coconut sugar and chopped pecans, stir until combined. Add the egg and banana mixture, add the vanilla, almond milk and melted fat. stir until everything is well combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the batter into the skillet. Cook about 3 minutes per side or until done.