I feel like I have some explaining to do. I originally bought Butternut squash noodles to make them with spaghetti sauce, you know, the usual. I don’t know where it came from but all the sudden I though, “wouldn’t they be delicious if they were crispy and spicy?” “Even better, I am going to make a greek yogurt chipotle dressing to drizzle all over!” Yum…I am craving it again, as I am writing this
I grew up eating spicy, crunchy snacks and to this day it is my favorite go to, most craving food. These noodles or “strings” hit the spot! I seasoned them with Chile de Arbol powder (one of the most spicy peppers ever), they were so crunchy and spicy but then I drizzle the tangy and smoky chipotle dressing all over and add chopped cilantro for some freshness. I’m telling you, it was an amazing combination.
I am making this again for sure, it was so good! As a side dish, appetizer, or a snack. Simply delicious.
Find recipe below.
Crunchy Butternut Squash Strings with Chipotle Dressing
- 10oz butternut squash spirals
- olive oil
- arbol powder
- garlic powder
- –Chipotle dressing–
- 5oz plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- chopped cilantro (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Lined a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pull apart the butternut squash spirals and arrange them on a single later.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with arbol powder, (go easy, It is very hot!) garlic powder and salt. You can sub chili powder for a mild flavor.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until crispy. Move them around a couple of times while cooking.
- While the butternut squash strings are cooking make the dressing. In a small bowl mix the greek yogurt, chipotle, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and add just a drizzle of honey for some sweetness.
- Once the strings are ready, let them rest for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet. They will get crispy as they cool.
- To serve, pilled up the butternut squash strings and drizzle with chipotle dressing, garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Dig in!
© 2021 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com