I hope you enjoyed the little break I gave you from banana bread because It is back! “Paleo Banana Muffin Tops” another delicious version of my Paleo Banana bread. These muffin tops are perfect for portion control (said no one ever). They are called muffin tops because they are a little crispy on the outside but soft and moist in the inside. Just like muffins tops! Isn’t the top the best part anyway? I have to say though, these are so much lighter and of course, they are actually better for you.
But forget about all that, these are just delicious. I love that it only takes 1 banana to make 8 to 10 of these babies while banana bread takes 2 or 3 bananas large bananas. So, If you want to make an easy and small batch of banana bread, give this recipe a try!
Full recipe below!
Paleo Banana Muffin Tops
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tahini paste (or any nut butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, smash the banana with a fork and add the egg, tahini paste and coconut sugar. Mix.
- Add the dry ingredients, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. You should get between 8-10 muffin tops.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.