So, my mom went back home last Friday; and no matter how old you are you’re never ready to say by to your mom, even if it’s only for a couple months. We had a lot of fun shopping and eating, as usual. One of the recipes she taught me on this trip are these “Oatmeal Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Chips” They’re sugar free, and super delicious.
You don’t need to whisk or dirty any bowls since the pancake batter is made with an immersion blender. How easy is that? This batch makes about 6 medium size pancakes which was perfect for sharing. We had them for breakfast with a side of fresh fruit and coffee. The oats make then so light and tasty. This is definitely a keeper!
Find the recipe below.
Oatmeal and Banana pancakes with Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 packet of Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Butter for cooking the pancakes
- Place a skillet on medium high heat.
- Pulse the oatmeal in the blender a few times until finely grind.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until very smooth.
- Add some butter to the skillet and using a 1/4 cup measuring cup drop the batter on the hot skillet. Scatter a few chocolate chips on the pancakes and flip them over once the top is full of bubbles. Cook for a couple more minutes until cooked through. You should get about 6 pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
© 2022 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com