This is a Valentine’s Day celebration for my little ones. My girls (9 and 5 years old) Love celebrating Valentine’s Day, it is a tradition to celebrate it as a family. My husband cooks dinner and me and the girls make dessert, and as much as I love a luscious, fancy chocolate dessert my kids not so much. They love my chocolate chip cookies and that’s all they want! but this time, I wanted to them extra special. For this recipe I used Mexican Vanilla and added just a pinch of cinnamon to elevate the flavor of my regular cookie dough recipe. I added Valentine M&M and heart shape candy to the dough and baked it in a round baking dish. They were so happy with the result! The cookie cake (as they called it) turned out beautiful. I added a dust of powder sugar before cutting it because powder sugar can only make things better. I hope you enjoy your weekend! Stay warm, and Happy Valentine’s Day.
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Vanilla
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 scan teaspoon salt
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup Valentine M&M’s (+ more for topping)
- Power sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line the bottom of a 9″ round cake pan with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients and with the stand mixer on low, slowly add them to the mix. Fold in 1/2 cup of M&M’s.
- Spread the cookie batter evenly on the prepared dish and add a few more M&M on the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and set. If you notice it is browning too fast, you can cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Let it cool and run a butter knife through the edge of the baking dish to loosen up the cookie if you wish to transfer to a cake stander.
- Dust with powder sugar if desire.