Nothing gets better than a freshly made churro. So comforting and delicious they take me right back home from the very first bite. These Classic Churros are so easy to make it’s almost dangerous! You are going to want to make them over and over. My kids love dipping the churros in caramel sauce or Nutella which is totally delicious but honestly, they are perfect just rolled in sugar and cinnamon, that’s how I like them best.
Making churros was a pretty exciting event for my family. They were such a nice, warm treat after so many cold days and powder outages. It took me longer to make them than for us to eat them, and they don’t take long at all. It is a very easy recipe. I hope you give it try!
These churros are naturally #dairyfree and #vegan
This recipe was adapted from @cocinarygozar Veronica Garza is my favorite blogger from my home town, Monterrey, Mexico.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 cup flour
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add the water, 1 tablespoon of sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons of oil to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn the heat off and add the flour all at once. Stir quickly with a wooden spoon until it forms a bowl and the dough looks smooth.
- Let the dough cool enough to handle and prepare a piping bag with an open star tip. Transfer the dough to the piping bag.
- Add the vegetable oil to a skillet, about 1″ deep and heat up the oil to a 375 degrees.
- squeeze the bag until you get a churro about 4″ long and using kitchen scissors or a knife, remove from the tip. Drop gently into the oil and cook for about 3 min on each side turning often so it browns evenly.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough. Work in batches, about 4 churros at a time. You should get about 12-14 4″ churros.
- Remove the churros from the oil and transfer to a plate lined with a pepper towel to remove the excess oil.
- Mix the remaining cup of sugar and cinnamon on a large plate and roll the churros in the mixture while the are still hot.
- Eat while still warm. Enjoy!
© 2022 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com