Crab Stuffed Jalapeños
Do you have all your food lined up for Super Bowl weekend? Here is one more idea for you. Crab Stuffed Jalapeños. I went to @HEB looking for inspiration and I found these beautiful, jumbo size jalapeño peppers, I immediately knew I had to stuff them. Don’t let these peppers scare you, after you slightly boil them and remove all the seeds and veins you will end up with a mild, delicious pepper. The stuffing is a mixture of wild caught crab meat, sour, cream, Dijon mustard, green onions and delicious spices. I top each pepper with panko bread crumbs to add a crunchy texture. Delicious!
I boiled the jalapeños just until tender, once they change color to a pale green, they are done. It takes about 5-8 minutes.
This crab mixture is so sweet and creamy, it goes perfect with the mild jalapeños. Find
Crab stuffed Jalapenos
- 5 to 6 Jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz crab meat
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 green onions
- lemon juice
- panko bread crumbs (about 2 tablespoons)
- In a sauce pan, cover the peppers with water and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and cook the peppers just until they turn a pale green color, about 5 minutes after they start to boil.
- Remove from the heat and let them cool enough to handle.
- In a mixing bowl, add the crab meat, sour cream, mayo, dijon mustard, worchestershire sauce, the juice of half of a lemon and all the spices. Mix until well combine.
- Thinly sliced the green onions and stir them in the crab mix. Set aside.
- Clean the peppers. Using a small knife, cut a slit along the length of the pepper to make a pocket. Use a small spoon to remove seeds and veins. Get everything out so you end up with a mild jalapeno.
- Stuffed each pepper with the crab mix and sprinkle top with panko bread crumbs. Place the peppers under the broiler for 5 to 8 minutes until the tops turn brown and crispy.