I am so proud if this cake, you guys! “Mandarin Almond Cake. Gluten Free/ Dairy Free.” I don’t normally taste a recipe more than one time unless is baked goods (you know, exact science) and this cake did take me a couple of tries but it finally turned out exactly how I wanted it! Perfect texture and flavor. As the name says it this “Mandarin Almond Cake” is also Gluten Free and Dairy Free. No feeling bloated after eating a delicious cake is the best feeling ever!
This cake is made with almond flour and almond milk and I also use almond extract to enhance the nut flavor. The mandarin zest gives it a delicious aroma and layer of flavor. I shared this cake with my lovely neighbor (the one with the vegetable garden) and she went crazy over it!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I mean, look at this texture.
Lovely, isn’t it!
Full recipe below
Mandarin Almond Cake/ Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- zest of two mandarines
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Powder sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Line the bottom of an 8″ cake pan with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, sugar and the mandarin zest.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the cake cool down for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- While the cake cools down, squeeze the juice of the mandarins into a small skillet and add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Cook on medium heat until reduced.
- Brush the top of the cake with the mandarin syrup.
- Let cool completely and sprinkle with powder sugar if desire.
10 thoughts on “Mandarin Almond Cake/Gluten Free Dairy Free”
I love baking with almond flour! Will save this recipe to make this weekend, thank you!
Glad you like it! let me know if you make it
I love almond anything and combined with the mandarin is mind blowing!!
it is a great combination! you wont be disappointed
I need this cake in my life! It looks absolutely stunning and I love that it’s allergy friendly too!
yes, you absolutely do! it is super light and very delicious
This cake looks amazing Marisol! Plus it’s gluten and dairy free. Win-win!
Yes! no bloating here and it is also super yummy
Oh my goodness, this looks SO delicious!!! And I love that it’s both gf & df!
Thank you! Glad you like it