I love making stuffed eggplant. They are absolutely delicious and fairly easy to prepare! Shrimp Stuffed Eggplant is definitely one of my favorite versions. This meal is packed with vegetables but it also has some bright flavors like Italian herbs and lemon juice. The eggplant is baked until soft and stuffed with tender shrimp and veggies, the parmesan cheese gives it just the right amount of saltiness. This recipe serves two but you can always double it, as you need.
Find recipe below!
- 1 eggplant
- olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 small bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees.
- Cut eggplant in half, length wise. Trim a little off the bottom sides so they lie flat. Scoop the center out, leaving enough flesh inside the skin for the eggplant to hold its shape. Chop the flesh of the eggplant and set aside.
- Drizzle the eggplant shells with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 40-45 min or until tender.
- In a large nonstick pan, sautee the chopped eggplant with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Once it starts to change color, add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for 10 min. Until completely tender.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, chopped onion, minced garlic, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper and zucchini. Sautee until tender.
- Add the juice of a lemon, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes. Stir and cook for more minutes. Taste, and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add the shrimp and cook until almost done, about 4 minutes. They will finish cooking in the oven.
- Fill the eggplant shells with the shrimp and veggies mixture. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 or until the cheese is melted.
© 2021 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com