Jump to recipe
How many version of banana bread can you make before you get tired of it? I still haven’t found the answer. Specially when it comes to my Paleo banana bread, once I finally achieved the right texture and flavor I was looking for, I have not stopped making it.
This version, “Chocolate Banana Bread” has quickly become my favorite! It is so chocolatey and little fudgy, it reminds me a lot of brownies, maybe that’s why this is my favorite. I need all the chocolate I can get and if it comes in gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free form… I am here for it.
Find recipe below!
Chocolate Banana Paleo Bread
- 2 large bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line a pan with parchment paper (I used a 1.6 qt pan but you can also use a 8×8 square pan).
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the egg, nut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bow, add the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and coffee if using. Whisk until all the crumbs are dissolved.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour in prepared dish and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until done.
© 2022 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com