You are really going to love this one, “Street Corn Macaroni Salad” it has everything we love about about Street Corn. Grilled corn of course, Mexican crema, cotija cheese, cilantro, and I added a little chipotle and jalapeño pepper for some heat. Mexico’s favorite street snack turned into an indulgent, beautiful salad.
I like serving this salad at room temperature. You can make it ahead of time, refrigerated and take it out 15-20 minutes before serving, just give it a big toss and voila! or should I say. “listo!”
Find the recipe below!
Street Corn Macaroni Salad
- 6oz dry macaroni
- 3 cobs of corn
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese (divided)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking grill the corn. You can also move the oven rack to the top position and cook the corn on a baking sheet directly under the broiler turning it over a couple of times. It will take about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta reserving about 1/4 cup of the liquid. Transfer the pasta to a big mixing bowl.
- Carefully remove the kernels off the cob and transfer to the bowl with the pasta.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, Mexican crema and chipotle sauce until well combined.
- Pour the mix over the pasta and corn and mix until everything is coated.
- Thinly slice the jalapeño pepper and add it to the salad along with most of the cilantro and cotija cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with the remaining cilantro and cheese. Sprinkle a little cayenne pepper for extra heat.
- Serve at room temperature.