This is a great way to use those vegetables that are looking a little sad, “Cauliflower Wild Rice” I came up with this recipe because one, I needed to use the vegetables I had left before I stock up on fresh produce and two, because I was craving a vegetable dish that also had a lot of flavor and textures. The result was magical! This “Cauliflower Wild Rice” was exactly what I wanted. It is low carb, packed with vegetables, flavor and a little crunch. I flavored this dish with thyme, lemon and some other spices, I added green onions for freshness, sliced almonds for crunch and finished everything with a squeeze of lemon juice. It was just delicious!
Find the recipe below!
#lowcarb #keto #whole30 #paleo #vegan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8oz mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 green onions
- few springs or thyme
- 10oz Frozen cauliflower rice
- sliced almonds
- 1 lemon
- Cook the cauliflower rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Prepare the veggies. Chop the mushroom and onions, mince the garlic, shred the carrots, dice the celery and zucchini (try to make them all the same size) and slice the green onions.
- In a large skillet add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat on medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until brown 5-8 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the cauliflower rice, carrots, celery, zucchini, thyme and the white part of the green onions. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until all the veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Top the rice with sliced almonds and the remaining green onions.
- Serve immediately.
© 2021 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com