I finally gave in. Ever since these corn ribs became viral I wanted to make them so bad! They look so pretty and are super fun to eat. Me and my husband devoured them in seconds. The chipotle dip is a must! Dip your corn ribs in it and you are in for a really delicious treat. Smoky, sweet and spicy! I am obsessed. I have to tell you though, they are tricky. Cutting them was not the easiest thing in the world but I did it! I still have ten fingers. Wohooo!
Read along and decide if you want to give these a try. I have linked a couple of how-to videos at the bottom of this blog.
What you need to make Spicy Corn Ribs with Chipotle Dip
Corn on the cobb
–For the Chipotle Dip-
Chipotle in adobo paste
Salt and pepper to taste
Helpful Tips and Tricks
These are some things that work for me while I was cutting the corn:
–Use a very sharp knife with a thin blade.
–Trim off the bottom of the corn to make it completely flat. This will keep the corn in place while cutting it.
–Secure the surface you are working on. If you are using a cutting board, place a kitchen towel underneath. This will keep the board from sliding off.
The most important: Protect your hands! If that means wearing kitchen mittens, by all means wear them.
Here are some useful videos I found on Youtube on how to cut corn ribs
(322) 🌽 Are TikTok CORN RIBS Worth The Risk Of Cutting Yourself In the Process? – YouTube
(322) We Made TikTok Corn Ribs Recipe And It Was Crazy! Glen And Friends Cooking – TikTok Recipes – YouTube
Spicy Corn Ribs with Chipotle Dip
- -For the Ribs-
- 4 cobs of corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- -For the Chipotle Dip-
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle en adobo paste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the husk and silk from the corn. Slice off about 1/4 inch from the bottom of the corn to make it flat.
- Place a kitchen towel under a cutting board and hold the corn straight up on the board towel (use mittens to protect your hands. (unless you’re a ninja)) With a sharp, thin blade knife make a cut in the center top of the corn working your way to the bottom of the corn until it completely splits in two.
- Cut each half in two to make 4 ribs out of one cobb of corn. Repeat with the rest of the corn.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, salt, chili powder and lemon pepper seasoning. Brush the corn ribs with the oil and arrange in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for ten minutes. You might need to cook the corn in two batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Mix the ingredients of the chipotle dip in a small bowl and serve on a side.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro for garnish.