This soup has quickly become one of my favorite soups. Minestrone soup it’s not only extremely easy to make but it is also delicious, nutritious and great to feed a crowd!
This soup would be a great addition to your meatless Monday repertoire! I used whole wheat pasta for this recipe because I’m on a
Find the full recipe on my bio/link
Easy Minestrone Soup
You can use vegetable stock to keep this recipe vegan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8oz cherry tomatoes
- 4 to 5 cups stock or water
- 1 cup pasta (I used mini shells)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Heat up a heavy-bottomed pot while you prepare the vegetables.
- Chop the onion, mince the garlic, and dice the carrots and celery.
- Add the oil to the pot and saute the onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, celery, kindey beans, tomato sauce, oregano and Italian seasoning. Stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add the pasta.
- Lower the heat and cook until the pasta and the vegetables are tender about 25 min. Add the baby spinach and stir until they are wilted.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley for garnish.