Jump to recipe
Hummus! one of my favorite appetizers, snacks, condiments…simply one of my favorite things to eat. Period. This WHITE BEAN HUMMUS WITH ROASTED PEPPER hits the spot. I love classic hummus of course but sadly chickpeas are a little heavy on my stomach and they’re also more calorie dense than beans so, even more reasons to love it.
I served this hummus with @Stacy’s Multigrain pita chips to keep with the low calorie theme. Oh, I love this combo so much!
White Bean Hummus with Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can 15 oz white beans (navy, cannellini)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 red roasted peppers (I used piquillo pepper)
- Olive oil and smoked paprika for garnish.
- Peel the garlic and add it to a food processor. Pulse a few times until the garlic is minced.
- Drain the beans and add them to the food processor along with the lemon juice, tahini paste, and cumin.
- Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chopped the red peppers and add them to the hummus when ready to serve. You can add them to the top or mix them in.
- Garnish with a little drizzle of olive oil and smoked paprika.
© 2022 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com