This is the first time I made salmon in the air fryer and I am never going back. The flavor and texture of the salmon is incredible! I love all components of this dish: sweet and spicy salmon, crisp and tangy cucumber salad and nutty brown rice. It is the perfect weeknight dinner, light and so flavorful. If there is one salmon recipe you need to try in your air fryer, is this one right here.
What you need to make Sweet Chili Salmon and Easy Cucumber Salad
Teaspoon sesame oil
Other recipes you might like
Chili Lime baked Salmon – Marisol Cooks
Roasted Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce – Marisol Cooks
Lemon Butter Baked Salmon – Marisol Cooks
The Best Roasted Salmon – Marisol Cooks
Sweet Chili Salmon with Easy Cucumber Salad
- 4 salmon fillets about 4-6 oz each
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey + more for drizzling
- sriracha sauce
- sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup brown rice
- –For the cucumber salad–
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- small bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- In a small baking dish mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and sriracha (one or two drizzles) Taste the marinade and adjust seasoning if needed. Place the salmon on the marinade skin side up and move around to coat with the marinade. cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- In a small sauce pan bring the vinegar and 1/4 cup of water to a boil. Add the thinly sliced onions, remove from the heat and let the onions cool.
- Transfer the onions to a bowl. Add the cucumber, green onions and fresh cilantro. Mix and add 1-2 tablespoons of the cooled pickling liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the salmon skin side down. Cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove the basket from the air fryer and drizzle the top of the fillets with honey. Sprinkle some sesame seeds if desire. Cook for another 2-4 minutes or until done.
- Serve the salmon with brown rice and cucumber salad.