Here’s a perfect healthy snack on the go for this buy Spring Break Week. If you love soft oatmeal bars, you are going to love these ones. I love the banana and chocolate chip combination but of course, you can switch to whatever you want or have available in your pantry. Some of my favorite combination are shredded coconut and chocolate chips, dry cherries and almonds, peanuts and caramel chips. So many possibilities!
It is better if you let the oatmeal cool completely before cutting it into bars. These bars are very soft and chewy and they hold their shape very well once they’re completely cool.
Banana Bake Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pencans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the oatmeal, cinnamon, salt and mix.
- Add the mashed bananas, maple syrup and chopped pecans. Mix with a spoon until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Transfer the mix into a prepared baking dish and evenly spread the top with a spatula. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into desire shape.