Here is my latest obsession “Pumpkin Oatmeal Scones with Cinnamon Glaze” I am not too late to get into the pumpkin game, am I?
I just love making scones with oatmeal, they are so hearty, so easy to make, fewer ingredients and also better for you. These scones are gluten free, dairy free and totally addicting.
These are very soft and moist scones. Perfect with your coffee in the morning or just as a snack on the go. You can drizzle the icing on top like I did or just dip one side of the scones into the icing and let it set before diving in. I suggest to double the recipe for the icing if you chose to do the second. Thank me later. Or not. Just enjoy.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Scones
- 1 Cups almond flour
- 1 cup Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup pumpkin pure
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond milk or water
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt.
- In a small cup whisk the egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface and dump the dough on it.
- With you hands, form a disk about 6″ in size and 1/2″ thick.
- Cut the disk into 8 pieces and transfer on to the baking sheet. Arrange the scones leaving a 1/2″ space between each other.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the powder sugar, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of almond milk or water and whisk until very smooth.
- Drizzle over the scones.