This is one super easy and delicious appetizer, “Brussels Sprouts Wrapped in Bacon” We already know how well these two go together so this is a fool proof appetizer, side dish or even as a snack! I wrapped the brussels sprouts in bacon and roasted them in a 400 degree oven unil the bacon was brown and the brussels sprouts where super tender.
While these little bites were getting ready in the oven I made a reduction of balsamic vinegar. I reduced it until it was thick and super sweet, it was perfect to dip the Brussels Sprouts in or even to drizzle all over, there’s no way you can do this wrong.
I garnished the dish with fresh thyme for some freshness. I think I could eat a whole batch of these little guys all by myself! Well, this time I did have to share but I know I’ll be making these a lot in the near future.
Oh, did I mention this is #Low Carb, #Keto, #Paleo, and #Whole30 Approved? You’re welcome.
Find the recipe below.
Brussels Sprouts Wrapped in Bacon
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 12 oz bacon
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- thyme leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trimmed and half the brussels sprouts. Set aside.
- Cut the bacon in half and then cut in half again, this time length wise, making large thin strips.
- Wrap each half of the brussels sprouts with one piece of bacon and place on the baking sheet seem side down.
- Bake for 20-30 or minutes until bacon is brown.
- While the brussels sprouts are cooking, add the balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan and cook on medium high heat until it has reduced to half
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to a serving plater, you can drizzle the them with balsamic vinegar or serve as a dipping sauce.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.