Finally the weekend! Also, Spring Break has officially started. I’ve already seen blue bonnets on the side of the road and that makes me so happy. I am also ready for fresh and light recipes like these “Tuna Egg Salad Boats”. I think I’ve told you before how I used to hate tuna salad when I was a kid, it was the saddest thing every time my mom said there was tuna salad for lunch because like a good Mexican, I wanted my beans and tortillas! Anyway, now I know my mom was trying to give us some variety and include lighter lunches.
I wish I had tuna salad made like this though (sorry mom) The boiled eggs add so much flavor to this salad and the fresh dill and green onions just send it over the top adding so much freshness.
This would be perfectly delicious in a sandwich or a wrap but I really wanted to make it lighter and crisp, the Romain hearts were the perfect vehicle (see what I did there?).
Find the recipe for my Tuna Egg Salad boats below.
Tuna Egg Salad Boats
- 1 can of tuna
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper to tastes
- Romain hearts
- Drain the tuna and transfer to a mixing bowl. Break it apart with a fork.
- Chopped the boiled eggs and add to the tuna.
- thinly slice the green onion and add the white part to the salad. Reserve the greens for garnish.
- Add the mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of chopped dill. Reserve the rest for garnish. Mix until well combined.
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Chill until ready to serve
- Scoop the salad into the Romain leaves and garnish with remaining green onions and fresh dill.