Jump to recipe
The easiest, most delicious and pretties weeknight diner has arrived, “Roasted Sausage and Mashed Potatoes”. Every time I do my grocery list I always add smoked sausage, It has become such a staple in my house. It is delicious and cooks in no time, it actually takes the same time as roasted veggies! Here I sliced red onions and carrots, drizzle olive oil, season, add the sausage, put it in the oven and dinner is ready in 20 minutes! The perfect side? Mashed potatoes. they’re creamy and buttery and complement the smoke sausage so well, they are even ready in less the 20 minutes!
To plate this dinner I served a bed of mash potatoes, top it with the smoked sausage and roasted veggies, garnish with a few sprigs of thyme and make it look like you spend hours getting this “fancy” meal together which, by the way it is done with less than 10 ingredients, 8 to be exact. Winner!
Find the recipe below.
Roasted Sausage and Mashed Potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 large red onion
- olive oil
- 4 smoked sausage links
- 3 russet potatoes
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots and slice them thinly. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Cut the onion in half, length wise, peel the the first layer and remove the core with a knife leaving some of it attached to the onion.
- Cut each half in two, then four and eight pieces making sure, each piece has some of the core attached. This will prevent the onions from falling apart. The thinner the slices, the fastest they’ll cook but you can do this whichever way you prefer. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the sausage and bake for about 20 minutes until onions and carrots are brown and tender.
- While the sausage is cooking, peel and cut the potatoes in small pieces. Cover with water and boil until fork tender.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl, add the butter, milk and smashed until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Serve a bed of mash potatoes and top with the roasted sausage and veggies.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.
© 2023 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com