Jump to recipe
I bet you didn’t know this one. “Fish Tostadas” definitely a great way to enhance the flavor of white fish. I cut tilapia fillets into bite size pieces and let it simmer in a sauce made with tomatoes, onion, jalapeños, capers and herbs. The fish gets tender and flavorful with a little kick from the jalapeño pepper. Perfect to serve on top of crispy baked tostadas.
I like to garnish these tostadas with finely shredded lettuce to add a touch of freshness, sweet creamy avocado and finish everything with a squeeze of lime juice. Delicious! But also light and healthy.
Here’s my recipe
Fish Tostadas/ Tostadas de Pescado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 Jalapeño peppers, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 3 to 4 tilapia filets (or any white fish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- —To serve the tostadas—
- 4-6 Baked Tostads
- avocado slices
- cherry tomatoes
- lime wedges
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the diced onion, sliced jalapeño, diced tomatoes and sautee until soft and fragrant.
- While the veggies are cooking, cut the fish into bite size pieces, about 1/4″ big.
- Add the capers, oregano and fish to the veggies and cook until the fish is tender and flaky, 5-8 minutes.
- To serve the fish, spoon a nice serving over a baked tostada and garnish with avocado slices, shredded lettuce and tomatoes.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime.
© 2023 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com