Jump to recipe
You know I love classics, I do! But I always feel the need to add something unexpected, or give it my personal touch. Just like this “Potato and Egg Salad with Roasted Red Peppers”. It was my plan all alone to make the classic salad but when I saw the jar of roasted peppers, I couldn’t help myself! And I am glad. It turned out delicious!
The roasted peppers definitely give it another dimension of flavor, one more deep than just mayo and mustard dressing. I made this for lunch for me and my mom, we just ate it with crackers and a bunch of pepperoncini peppers. Yes! more peppers!
Find the printable recipe, below.
Potato and Egg Salad with Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 large russet potato
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 roasted red pepper (from a jar), chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 green onion
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 1 teaspoon deli mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the potato into bite size pieces (1/4″ cubes) Transfer to a sauce pan and fill with water, just enough to cover them. Cook until tender.
- Place the eggs in a small sauce pan and cover with water. Turn the heat on high until the water starts to bubble. Turn the heat to low and cook the eggs for 15 minutes. (this is how I boil my eggs but, by all means, you do you).
- Once the potatoes are done, drain the water and transfer them to a big mixing bowl.
- Once the eggs are done, peel them, chop them and add to the potatoes.
- Chop the green onion and roasted pepper and add to the bowl.
- To make the dressing, In a small bowl mix the mayo, mustard, vinegar, dry dill, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently with a spoon until everything gets coated with the dressing.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve
© 2023 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com