13 June, 2019
Entomatadas de Queso (Queso fresco Enchiladas in Tomato sauce)
These are the poor cousin of the enchiladas. Equal in flavor. Entomatadas de Queso (which basically is cheese enchiladas in tomato sauce). If you think about it all you need is tomatoes, garlic, onion, tortillas and queso fresco, very affordable enchiladas right? Let me tell you, these
They are also very easy to make. The “complicated thing” is the tomato sauce and all you really have to do is to boil the tomatoes, blend them with garlic and onion and cook the sauce for a few minutes.
- Once your sauce is done, grate the queso fresco (you can also use cotija) and set a part.
- heat up a large skillet and spray with cooking spray, place the tortillas on the skillet and spray the tortillas with cooking spray. Cook until soft, turning once durin the process.
- fill each tortilla with a portion or queso fresco and roll them like an enchilada but… it is really an entomatada.
- Cover the entomatadas with the tomato sauce and sprinkle some more cheese on top. You can garnish with onion, cilantro, avocado or jalapeño slices. The flavor of the sauce is so mild but also so comforting, it won’t compete with any of these flavors.
- If you like a little punch, you can finely chop some onions and mic them with the grated cheese.
These are sooo delicious. Also a great family dish, it is mild and tomatoey, the kids love it! Queso fresco is very soft and crumbly you don’t even have to use a grater. I remember that was my favorite part about helping my mom making these entomatadas, I got to crumble the cheese myself! We could never figure out how come we were always short on cheese (giggles).