A Carne Asada Tacos dinner is coming your way, thanks to these @openprairienatural Top Sirloin Steaks. The high quality of these meats makes these tacos super tender and delicious! Get out your go-to taco toppings and start building your new favorite tacos. Check my stories for a quick step-by-step of the marinade and cooking process. Be sure to check out the link in my bio to find @openprairienatural meats near you!
#tysonambassador #openprairienaturalmeats #naturalmeats #neverever #sirloinsteak #steakdinner #carneasada #beefrecipe #carneasadarecipe
What you need to make Carne Asada Tacos
Open Prairie All Natural Sirloin Steak
Ingredients for the marinade:
Pickled onions. Find the recipe for my spicy pickle onions here: Spicy Pickled Onions/ Escabeche – Marisol Cooks
Helpful Tips and Tricks
The three most important tips to achieve perfect tender steak are these:
- Let the steak sit on the counter for at least 20 minutes. This will let the temperature go up and the steaks won’t be cold when they heat the griddle. This will help them to cook evenly.
- Let the steak rest after removing from the grill 5-8 minutes is good time. Resting the steaks will help the juices of the meat to stay in the meat and won’t run all over the cutting board leaving a dry steak.
- Cut the steak against the grain. Cutting against the grain means to cut through the fibers and make them shorter. This makes the meat more tender and easier to chew. (Wikipedia)
Other taco Recipes you will love:
Green Pork Tacos/Salsa Verde Pork Tacos – Marisol Cooks
Chili Lime Salmon Tacos – Marisol Cooks
Steak and Chorizo Tacos – Marisol Cooks
Carne Asada Tacos/Sirloin Steak Tacos
- 1 1/5lb Open Prairie All Natural Sirloin Steak
- For the marinade:
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ tbs soy sauce
- ½ tbs cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- For Serving:
- Corn tortillas
- Queso fresco
- Pickled onions
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a large zip top bag add all the ingredients for the marinade. Add the steaks and sealed the bag. Massage the bag for a couple of minutes making sure the steak is well coated in the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the bag with the steaks from the refrigerator and let them sit on your counter for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile heat up a griddle on medium high heat.
- Remove the steaks from the bag and pat them dry making sure you get rid of any excess liquid. You want the steaks to have a nice golden-brown sear.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side for medium.
- Once the steaks are ready, transfer to a cutting board and let them rest for about 5 minutes.
- Thinly sliced or dice the steaks.
- To make the tacos heat up a large griddle on medium high heat and warm up the tortillas. Add the sliced steak and top the tacos with queso fresco, pickled onions, cilantro and salsa. Serve with lime wedges.