If you like chorizo, you’re going to love these tacos. What you’re going to love more is how easy and fast they are to make. I used Sirloin for this recipe because it’s a leaner cut of meat and milder in flavor, it is the perfect vehicle to carry all the delicious spices from the chorizo
Today, I used Sirloin, but because Sirloin is a
What I do firs is to cut to steak in small size bite pieces, like 1/4″. Add the oil to the skillet and get it very hot. Then add the Sirloin (I cooked mine In two batches because it browns better when its not crowded in the pan) let it sit for a couple of minutes in the skillet undisturbed, once you see it start to brown around the edges, stir in around cook for another minutes and transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet cook the chorizo until done and add the steak back to the skillet. Stir everything until well combined and season with salt and pepper.
That is as complicated as it gets, and it’s amazingly delicious! I chose corn tortillas for my tacos cause they’re my favorite but I also use this meat for quesadillas and it was perfection! There’s so many thing you can make with this taco meat like, stuff peppers, with eggs, on molletes… all things delicious.
My toppings for these tacos were, queso fresco, onion, cilantro and avocado. I will definitely be making these again very soon. So, so delicious!
Steak and Chorizo Tacos
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb sirloin steaks
- 10 oz Mexican chorizo
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- –Toppings (optional)–
- queso fresco
- cilantro and onions (chopped)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- Place a large skillet on medium-high heat. While the skillet is heating up, cut the sirloin steaks in small bite sizes pieces (about 1/4″).
- Add the oil to the skillet and cook the meat just for a couple of minutes, it is better not to crowd the meat in the skillet, you might want to do this in two batches (do not overcook).
- Remove the meat from the skillet and add the chorizo. If the chorizo is very lean you’ll need to add a little oil first. Cook until done.
- Return the meat to the skillet and stir until it is well combined with the chorizo. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- heat up the tortillas and assemble the tacos. Top them with the queso fresco, avocado, chopped cilantro and onions, and your favorite salsa. Enjoy!