Disclaimer: This is a #sponsored post
I am so excited to share with you my partnership with @OpenPrairieNaturalmeats! They are known for their responsibly raised meats. I cooked a NY Strip Steak, and it brought this simple salad to the next level.
I wanted to treat myself and my husband with a quick pan seared steak on a bed of fresh greens and veggies for a balanced, well-rounded meal. The whole meal took only less than an hour! The quality of the steak was great and the no antibiotics ever and welfare claims make this an easy choice for me.
Click here to find a store near you
#ad #openprairieambassador #openprairienaturalmeats #openprairie #naturalbeef #naturalpork #naturalmeats #minimallyprocessed #neverevermeat #animalwelfare #caseready #casereadymeats #traceability #Vacuumsealed #vacuumsealedmeats #nystripsteak
What you need to make the Steak Salad with Avocado Dressing
NY Strip Steak
Fresno pepper (you can sub for a sweet pepper if you don’t like any heat)
Salt and pepper
Steak Salad with Cilantro and Avocado dressing
- 1 12oz NY Strip Steak
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- -For the salad
- Mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup black beans
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresno peppers, thinly sliced
- -For the Cilantro and Avocado dressing
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of half of lemon
- olive oil, about 1/2 cup
- salt to taste
- Season the steak generously with salt and pepper. Let the steak come to a room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Place a cast iron skillet on medium high heat and add the oli, the butter and smashed garlic clove.
- Once the oil is hot and the garlic has started to brown carefully place the steak on the hot oil and let it cook undisturbed for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes
- Turn over the steak and let it cook for another 3 minutes for medium (145 degrees) Remove from heat and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Avocado and Cilantro dressing: Add the garlic and seeded jalapeno to a food processor and pulse a few times until minced.
- Add the cilantro, avocado, lemon juice, and with the motor running, add the olive oil. Add water if the dressing is too thick.
- Slice the steak against the grain and arrange it on a bed of greens. Add the cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, onions and peppers.
- Drizzle the dressing generously over the salad.