To be totally honest, I rarely cooked chicken breast. I could never make a juicy and perfectly cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, until…I made it in the air fryer. Now, I cannot stop making it! It cooks in only 10 minutes, and it always comes out perfect! The chili lime version is my favorite. Great for tacos or fajitas, or with a side of rice and beans; So many options! I always make a double batch because I love to use the leftovers for quick and tasty salads.
What you need to make Chili Lime Chicken
Spices: Onion powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper
Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for serving
Full recipe below.
Helpful tips and tricks
The best tip I can give you to get moist and tender chicken is to let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes. This will bring the chicken to room temperature and will allow to cook evenly and in less time. Raw chicken can safely be left at room temperature for up to two hours (although, I wouldn’t leave it out that long).
You can pound the thickest part of the chicken to make it even or butterfly the breast open. You want the same thickness throughout the breast so it all cooks at the same time.
Other Chicken recipes you might like
Air Fryer Honey Chipotle Chicken Wings – Marisol Cooks
Crispy Chicken Drumsticks/ Air Fryer – Marisol Cooks
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken – Marisol Cooks
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings – Marisol Cooks
Chili Lime Chicken /Air Fryer
- Cooking spray
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1lb)
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Lime wedges and cilantro for serving
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and pound the thickest part of the chicken to for even thickness.
- In a small bowl mix the lime juice, olive oil, salt, ground pepper, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, and dried oregano to form a paste.
- Rub the paste all over the chicken breast and let it sit on the counter until it comes to room temperature about 30 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and arrange the chicken on a single layer making sure they are not touching each other
- Cook at 380 Degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges for serving