We interrupt all the gingerbread, peppermint and chocolate galore to take some time and appreciate this delicious Blueberry and Peach Cobbler.
I was walking the produce section of my HEB when I spotted, peaches! I know they’re not in season anymore but they looked beautiful and ripe so I couldn’t resist. I already had blueberries at home so the combination of both was inevitable.
The very first bite took me right back to summer… While standing next to my Christmas Tree.
Fun fact: When I was pregnant with my first daughter all I craved was peaches. I was lucky enough to have a Fredericksburg farmer nearby so I visited his stand two or three times a week. That summer I enjoyed the most delicious, juiciest peaches of my life. My daughter was born with her skin covered by a thing fuzz, just like peaches.
Find the recipe for my Blueberry and Peach Cobbler below.
Blueberry and Peach Crumble
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- In a mixing bowl add the blueberries, peaches, 1 tablespoon sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, vanilla, whole wheat flour, and mix until combined.
- Place the mix in a baking dish (I used a 6×6). Set aside.
- In a separate, smaller bowl combine the oats, whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, salt, and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Top the peaches and blueberries with the oat and flour mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
One thought on “Blueberry and Peach Crumble”
Such a perfect combination of summer fruit! I would eat this for breakfast too!