Running out of snack ideas? Here’s one healthy and delicious snack that will please every family member.
This is one of the my oldest treasures, I found it many years ago on the web (I’d love to remember where but, I honestly can’t) It started as a 5 Ingredient recipe but it has evolve to so much more than just 5 Ingredients. The only two ingredients that need to stay true to the recipe are oats (of course) and dates (these keep the bars together). You can easily substitute or add extra ingredients.
I make these granola bars with whatever ingredients I have in hand at the moment. Here are some of the usual subs.
Tahini paste/ Almond butter, sunflower butter, peanut butter.
Dried cranberries/ raisins, cherries or any chopped dry fruit like apricots.
Maple Syrup/ Honey
Chocolate Chips/ Walnuts, pecans, almonds, shredded coconut.
Here you go! you can make any combination you want. Is that easy. I promise they’re so delicious and addictive.
Find the recipe below!
No-Bake Tahini and chocolate Granola Bars
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups of old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- –icing (optional)–
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon nut milk
- (use water if you want to keep it nut free)
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Process the dates in a food processor until it looks like a paste and it forms a ball. Abut 30 to 60 seconds.
- Place the pureed dates, oats, cranberries and mini chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the tahini paste and maple syrup.
- Pour the tahini and maple syrup mixture over the dates and oats and mix everything together with a wooden spoon. Make sure the dates are all mixed into the rest of the ingredients, they will make the bars stick together.
- Transfer to a 8×8 prepared baking dish and press it down evenly and tightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or over night.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into bars or squares as desired.
- In a small bowl mix the powder sugar and milk until smooth. Using a fork, drizzle over the bars.