Jump to recipe
I think I can eat these “Fried Sweet Plantains” every day! I just love their sweet flavor and texture. I pan fried these plantains in lots of butter with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. You read that right! this is one delicious and indulgent desert. The combination of butter, sugar and spices make the plantains crusty on the outside but warm and soft in the inside. You can eat them just like that out of the skillet or you can serve them with vanilla ice cream. I am team vanilla ice cream! Pick your side.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 ripe plantains
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Vanilla Ice cream for serving
- Peel the plantains. Using a sharp knife cut the plantain skin from top to bottom they, remove with your hands.
- Cut the plantains in half, then each half in two.
- Heat up a skillet on medium high heat and add the butter, sugar and spices. Stir.
- Add the plantain cut side down and leave it undisturbed for a couple of minutes until the sugar and spices form a crispy crust on it.
- Flip the plantains and lower the heat to low. Keep cooking for 5 to 8 minutes until tender.
- Serve warm and top with vanilla ice cream.
© 2022 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com