There are two types of people in this world, the people that love flan and the people that are wrong. Of course, I’m the first type of people.
Flan is a sweet custard made with eggs, vanilla, condense milk and evaporate milk. All so good and so delicious! The flan us covered by a caramel sauce make purely out of melted sugar, it is so delicate but also decadent, it complements the creamy texture of the flan, perfectly. Like a match made in heaven.
If you love flan, you’re going to love this recipe! It is very easy to make and you only need a handful of ingredients and some patience. That’s the hard part.
Find the recipe below!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 oz) can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 (12oz) can evaporate milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the sugar and 1 tablespoon of water until liquefied and golden in color.
- Carefully pour hot syrup into a 9 inch round glass baking dish, turning the dish to evenly coat the bottom. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour egg mixture into baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven 60 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To serve, carefully invert on a serving platter (chose a platter with a high edge) when completely cool.