These cookies are one of our favorite Holiday treats. My kids and I love peppermint (my husband, not so much but we gladly take his portion) and we are always looking for ways to incorporate peppermint candy in baking goods. These cookies really hit the spot! A good piece of advice: double this recipe. These cookies are the perfect gift for family and friends. They are super pretty and so festive looking.
What you need to make White Chocolate and Peppermint Sugar Cookies
White chocolate morsels
Helpful tips and Tricks
This recipe makes about 12-15 cookies, but you can also double it and they come out perfect. I always make a small batch when I am baking for my family because I am the one who eats most of the cookies. I have such a sweet tooth.
You can also roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter for any shape you want, just make sure the cookie dough has been in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Other recipes you might like
Condensed Milk Cookies – Marisol Cooks
Dulce de Leche Empanadas/ /Empanadas de Dulce de Leche – Marisol Cooks
Bolitas de Nuez/ Pecan Balls – Marisol Cooks
White Chocolate and Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 oz white chocolate morsels
- peppermint extract
- peppermint candies, crushed (about 6 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet (I recommend using a cookie scoop to ensure the roundness and even size of the cookies)
- Bake for 8 minutes until set but not brown. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Add the chocolate morsels into a microwavable bowl and melt in intervals of 10 seconds stirring immediately. Add the peppermint extract and stir again.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the melted chocolate on top of the cookie and sprinkle with the crush peppermint candy.
- Let the chocolate set before eating.