Jump to recipe
Ceviche, percet summer dish. This dish is so fresh and bright, I can’t get enough! I love making it for company and serve it as an appetizer, or simply enjoy it on tostadas. For this ceviche I used Tilapia fillets. The fish is cooked completely in lime juice, it takes a little time but the wait it’s worth it. The secret is to cut the fish in tiny pieces to speed the cooking process. I like to have pico de gallo as the base for my ceviche, then I like to add some fruit to balance flavors. Mango was perfect here! So sweet and tender, it is aparty in your mouth.
Find the recipe below!
Ceviche de Pescado /Fish Ceviche
- 1tb Tilapia
- 1 cup lime juice (about 10 limes)
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 2 serrano peppers, seeds and vains removed
- 1 small mango
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Cut the tilapia files into small size pieces, about 1/4″ and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice to the fish, cover with plastic and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Dice the tomatoes and mangos, mince the serrano pepper (I suggest to wear gloves) and thinly slice the red onions. Set aside.
- After two hours the fish should be completely cooked by the lime juice. Remove most of the lime juice and add the chopped veggies and mango. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped cilantro before serving and stir.
© 2023 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com