After almost two weeks of indulgent vacation, I am back in my kitchen, It feels so good! I have so many ideas for new recipes, I just hope I have enough time to make them all. Summer is not over yet so, my kids are the ones ruling my time these days but, motivation is here.
I went to Aldi’s in Wichita Falls (they don’t have HEB but that’s another sad story) and they had a picture of beautifully cooked tilapia fillets over the seafood section. I don’t know what the dish was but It was garnished with parsley and lemon wedges, I immediately thought “I am making fish piccata as soon as I get home.” So, here it is!
This dish is so easy to make it doesn’t need much explanation.
The fish is
Pure magic! Such simple ingredients, yet they make this fish taste so incredible. Enjoy!
Get the full recipe below!
Low Carb Fish Piccata
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 cloves or garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter on medium high heat and cook the fish until brown and firm, about 4 minutes per side. After the fish Is done transfer to a plate and set aside. Add the remaining butter to the skillet. Add the chopped garlic and let it cook for a couple minutes (do not brown it), add the capers, lemon juice and chicken stock, cook the sauce for a couple more minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Finish the sauce with fresh chopped parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges. Enjoy!!