This pie is one of my family’s favorite frozen treats and of course, just like everything I like to make, it is super easy and delicious! We are avid peanut butter eaters at our home and this frozen pie hits the right spot. Not to mention the delicious chocolate ganache and crunchy peanuts that top it. I like to make it all year round but it definitely is a summer must!
What you need to make Frozen Peanut butter Pie
Graham cracker pie crust. I used a chocolate crust this time, but a graham cracker crust is just as good.
Creamed cheese, soften.
Sweetened condensed milk.
Peanut butter. I like to use smooth peanut butter for this recipe.
Heavy whipping cream. Whipped until firm.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Some brands of peanut butter tend to dry and get clumpy after a couple of weeks of being opened. It makes it harder to mix into the creamy pie filling. Make sure your peanut butter is nice and smooth. You can also warm it up in the microwave 15 seconds at a time until nice and smooth when stirred. If the peanut butter is too warm, let it cool before adding it into the mixture.
Frozen Peanut butter Pie
- For the filling:
- 1 6oz chocolate graham cracker pie crust
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened.
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped until firm
- For topping:
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, add the milk and warm it up in the microwave 30 seconds at a time. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract, and gradually mix in sweetened condensed milk. Add the peanut butter and beat in until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream until combined. Spread into pie crust.
- Pour melted chocolate over the top of the pie and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Place the pie into the freezer for 1-2 hours.