Berry season is finally here! I’ve been getting the most delicious strawberries and blueberries at my local grocery store and I just couldn’t wait to make this “Triple Berry Almond Galette” Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries are the most delicious trio. I made the crust with almond flour, butter and sugar but I also infused the dough with almond extract. This crust is delicate, soft, incredibly sweet and flavorful but also, gluten free! I served this Galette with fresh whip cream and a little dust of powder sugar.
I used @bakers_signature parchment paper sheets. (thank you for the gift!) The sheets are different sizes and cuts and their products are Non-Toxic and Non-Bleached.
Find the recipe for my Triple Berry Almond Galette below!
Triple Berry Almond Galette
- —For the Galette–
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, diced and chilled
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- –For the filling—
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg for brushing
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds for topping
- whipped cream for serving
- In medium bowl mix the almond flour, sugar and salt.
- With a pastry cutter or two forks, cut in the butter.
- Add the ice cold water and almond extract and mix until the dough comes together. From a ball, wrap in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix the berries, vanilla, cornstarch and sugar. Chill in the refrigerator until the dough is ready roll out.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out in about a 9″ disk. Peel off the top sheet of parchment paper and carefully transfer the bottom on to a baking sheet.
- Place the berries on the center of the disc and with the help of the parchment paper fold the edges over and around the galette. If the dough starts to fall apart it’s because it is getting warm, place back in the refrigerator (baking sheet and all) and chill for 10 minutes before continuing.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg and brush the edge of the galette, sprinkle some sliced almonds and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before serving it and top it with a big dollop of whipped cream.