Soups to me have a magic factor. The moment you start eating it, it warms you up inside and makes you feel cozy. It is a popular believe that soup can make anything better; “Una sopita lo cura todo”.
That is exactly what happens with this “Lentil Vegetable Soup”. The earthy flavors of the lentils and root vegetables make it so comforting but in case that’s not enough I’ll remind you that lentils are a great source of Iron, potassium, protein and Vitamin B. Did I mention delicious?
I made this lentils with carrots, celery, tomatoes, onions, garlic and lots of fresh Thyme for flavor and aroma. Yes, Please.
Find recipe below!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced small
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 to 3 sprigs of thyme
- 5 cups stock (vegetable if you want to keep it vegan)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the veggies. Chop the onion, dice the celery stalk and carrots, and minced the garlic.
- in a big sauce pan, add the olive oil and cook the onion ang garlic on medium high heat until translucent.
- Add the rest of the veggies and cook for about 5 minutes until slightly tender.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes, thyme and stock. Bring it back to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
© 2021 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com