Then you blink and it is Easter. It took me by surprise, I seriously had lost the concept of time. This is our 4th week of quarantine and even when it is going to be a different Easter for us, we are going to make the best out of it.
Part of the “best part” it’s all the candy!!! I made these cute, delicious treats with my girls and we had so much fun. We ended up with chocolate on the floor, on our shoes, our hair, even my camera joined the fun. We each licked a spoon and it was just sweet and precious. We are planning an egg hunt in our back yard and other fun activities.
This Easter I am going to miss my Church, my friends and our delicious potlucks. I pray we come out of this stronger and we never take for granted again the blessing of gathering together.
Happy Easter, everyone!
- —For the Chocolate Nest–
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups roughly crushed pretzels sticks
- candy eggs
- —For the Spring Flowers—
- Pretzel snaps
- white candy melts
- pastel colored M&M’s
- For the spring flowers. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees. Place the pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place one candy melt in the center of each pretzel and bake for 4 minutes until the candy melt is soft.
- Place one pastel M&M’s in the center of each softened candy melt. Then, press six more around the center forming a flower. Place in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes until set.
- For the chocolate Nest. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, try 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval.
- Add the crushed pretzels and stir in until completely coated with the chocolate.
- Drop by spoon full on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape it like a nest and top the center of each nest with chocolate eggs. Let them cool in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes until set.