Jump to recipe
Sweet Potato and Black bean chili. Oh, what a delicious concoction! Who knew sweet potato and black would get along so well. I already knew sweet potato pairs great with spices like cumin, and chili powder but the addition of beans, onions, and peppers turned out to be amazing. This is a great vegan soup but can be easily modified subbing chicken stock or adding toppings like cheddar cheese and sour cream. No matter what you go for…it’s all good. It’s all delicious.
Find recipe below!
Sweet potato and Black bean chili
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 can black beans
- 2 roasted piquillo peppers (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cup stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings Avocado, tortilla chips and sour cream (optional)
- Place a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, chopped onion and mince garlic and cook until tender.
- While the onion and garlic are cooking, peel and cut the potato into 1/4″ cubes.
- Add the potatoes, piquillo peppers and stir everything until well combined.
- Add the cumin, chili powder and oregano, crushing it whith your fingers to help release the flavor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook until the potatoes are tender. About 20-25 min.
- Serve with chips, avocado and sour cream (optional)
© 2022 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com
Recipe not found Recipe not found