Sweet Potato and Black bean chili. Oh, what a delicious concoction! Who knew sweet potato and black would get along so well. I already knew sweet potato pairs great with spices like cumin, and chili powder but the addition of beans, onions, and peppers turned out to be amazing. This is a great
Find recipe below!
Sweet potato and Black bean chili
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 can black beans
- 2 roasted piquillo peppers (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cup stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings Avocado, tortilla chips and sour cream (optional)
- Place a medium saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, chopped onion and mince garlic and cook until tender.
- While the onion and garlic are cooking, peel and cut the potato into 1/4″ cubes.
- Add the potatoes, piquillo peppers and stir everything until well combined.
- Add the cumin, chili powder and oregano, crushing it whith your fingers to help release the flavor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook until the potatoes are tender. About 20-25 min.
- Serve with chips, avocado and sour cream (optional)