Who needs meat when you have a rich, creamy, cheesy pasta dish like this one. Today is #meatlessmonday done right with my “Creamy Penne with Spinach” served with buttery garlic toast and extra Parmesan cheese, this dish is one comforting and indulgent combo.
Find recipe below!
Creamy Penne Pasta with Spinach
- 10oz Penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 garlic clove, grated or minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir just for a few seconds. Do not let it burn! turn the heat to low as soon as it releases it’s smell and add the heavy cream and cream cheese.
- Whisk or stir constantly until the cream cheese is melted and you have a smooth sauce. Add the parmesan cheese and stir.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg. Spinach loves nutmeg but just a little bit goes a long way. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Add the fresh spinach and stir until completely wilted. Stir in the cooked pasta.
- You can add some of the pasta water you reserved to make your sauce creamier.
- Serve immediately.