Jump to recipe
Oh, chicken pot pie! One of my favorite dishes to make on a chilli day. Unfortunately I am not very patient, and most of the time I don’t want to spend it making the crust and the filling from scratch and then bake it in the oven for almost an hour. Forget that!
This “Chicken Pot Pie Soup” has all the classic flavors from Chicken Pot Pie but without the fuzz. It requires very little preparation and you don’t even have to make a roux. Everything goes in the same pan and its done in about 30 minutes. That’s my type of weeknight dinner. Easy, delicious and so comforting. This soup is perfect with a crusty baguette or even with dinner rolls. Always a hit!
Find recipe below.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken tighs
- 1/2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small celery stalk, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 to 4 sprigs of thyme or 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite size pieces. Set aside. Heat up a medium sauce pan on medium high heat, add the oil and cook the chicken for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce pan and transfer to a plate. Set aside. Add the onions, garlic and celery to the same pan and cook for a couple of minutes until translucent and aromatic.
- Add the butter. Once it is melted, Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and add the heavy cream cream.
- Simmer for for 8 to 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh parsley if desire
© 2023 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com