My obsession with butternut squash continues! I just can’t get enough if it and I love finding new ways to make it, like in this delicious curry. I roasted the butternut squash until tender and combined it with bell peppers and onions. I added cashews for some crunch, cilantro and lime wedges to finish with a touch of freshness.
There are quite a few ways to label this dish; Vegan, Paleo, Whole30, Keto, Grain free, etc. It is all of the above but also delicious and so comforting! There’s something about the sweet coconut milk and the warm flavor of curry that just can’t be beat, it makes you feel warm inside.
I served this curry with cauliflower rice, (just because I want to eat more veggies) Here’s your perfect meatless Monday meal.
Find the recipe below!
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- olive oil
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- cilantro leaves and sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lined a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cubed butternut squash, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the bell pepper and onion. Cook until tender.
- Add the coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder and squeeze half of lime. Cook until the coconut milk starts to thicken about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash to the curry and stir.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cashews, cilantro leaves and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
© 2021 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com