Jump to recipe
This is one of the most delicious vegetable combinations in my opinion. “Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprouts” oh, but it doesn’t end there, this roasted veggies have also bacon and balsamic vinegar. I have made this dish so many times since Thanksgving, it is only fair to finally post the recipe. I just love the rich, almost bitter taste of the Brussel Sprouts, the tender butternut squash, the salty bacon and the sweet taste from the balsamic vinegar. It is a magical combination!
We had this delicious side dish again for our family Christmas dinner and it has quickly become everyone’s favorite.
Find recipe below.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprout
- 4 strips of bacon
- 10 oz butternut squash, diced
- 12 oz Brussel Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Dice the bacon in small strips and saute it in a medium skillet just to render the fat, do not brown the bacon.
- Trim the end of the brussel sprouts and cut them in half, lengthwise.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the butternut squash, brussel sprouts. Add the bacon and bacon fat, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir until everything is well combined and bake for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
© 2023 Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com