This blogpost contains #sponsored content
Do you have a special occasion coming up? Look no further than my Steak Diane recipe. The high quality of the @openprairienatural guarantees a juicy and tender steak every time. Cream, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce make the sauce rich and smooth. You can serve the steak with mixed greens or potatoes. This recipe is easy to make and will make you look like a star chef. Great for a special occasion but easy enough for a weeknight dinner if you want to indulge the family. This is a recipe you will want to save!
*Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients
What you need to make Steak Diane
12ozOpen Prairie®Natural Meats NY Strip Steak
Salt and pepper to taste
If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can make a slurry by mixing 1 teaspoon of water + 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Add it once the heavy cream is simmering.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 12oz Open Prairie® Natural NY Strip Steak
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1lb baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, add the potatoes and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook the potatoes until tender. Once the potatoes are done, drain the water and add 1 tablespoon of butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Generously season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place a medium size cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the teaspoon of butter and olive oil.
- Cook the steak 3 minutes per side for medium, turning it only once.
- Remove the steak and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet add the minced shallot and cook until tender.
- Stir in the broth and let it cook for a couple of minutes scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in the cream and cook for a couple of minutes until thickened.
- Add the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir until combined. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Slice the steak and transfer to a serving platter. Top the steak with the sauce and sprinkle with chopped chives. Serve with a side of boiled potatoes.