25 November, 2019
Posted in : Extras
, Main Dishes
by : Marisol Chancellor
This soup has quickly become one of my favorite soups. Minestrone soup it’s not only extremely easy to make but it is also delicious, nutritious and great to feed a crowd!
This soup would be a great addition to your meatless Monday repertoire! I used whole wheat pasta for this recipe because I’m on a low calorie kick lately and it was perfectly delicious and satisfying.
Find the full recipe on my bio/link
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 to 5 cups stock or water
- 1 cup whole wheat elbow pasta
- Heat up a heavy-bottomed pot while you prepare the vegetables.
- Chop the onion, mince the garlic, and dice the carrots and celery. Cut the green beans into thirds.
- Add the oil to the pot and saute the onions and garlic until fragrant. Add the rest of the vegetables.
- Stir in the tomato paste and oregano (crush it with your hands to release the flavor.
- Add the diced tomatoes and drained beans. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the elbow pasta, lower the heat and cook until the pasta and the vegetables are tender. About 10 min.
You can use vegetable stock to keep this recipe vegan.
Copyright 2020 MarisolCooks.com